Monday, April 23, 2007

HDF Wrap-up

The Home Depot Foundation campaigns team presented to the client today. I have to say that even though this project was an incredible amount of work, this was the most fun I have had in any public relations class. My team was amazing, and I know more about urban forestry and responsibly built affordable homes than I care to admit. Now I just cannot believe that it is over.

DeAnn Fordham was the person from the foundation that we presented to. She seemed to respond positively to our campaign pitch. When we were done speaking she told us that the foundation has been working with a nationally known PR firm, so I have to say we felt a little defeated. But, she said that some of the tactics they recommended the foundation use, we also suggested.

As part of our Athens Healthy Community campaign we recommended creating an HDF intern team. The team would implement our campaign in Athens to serve as a test case. Ms. Fordham said that they had thrown the idea of an internship around before, and so she really liked our ideas in regards to the intern program. After the meeting she went and spoke with the Grady Career Counselor. Just putting this out there...I am the only one from the team not graduating, so if they would like a fall intern I think I am a great choice. I helped make the plan after all!

Really, I just cannot believe that I have completed the requirements to receive my degree in public relations from The University of Georgia. Before this campaigns class I was pretty disenchanted with my major choice, but this project and my team have given me a new, fresh outlook on the PR world.

No comments: