Friday, May 4, 2007

Internship dilemma...

So, as you have previously read if you have been keeping up with my most exciting blog, I spent the spring semester looking for an internship with an art museum. Unfortuately the High Museum of Art in Atlanta passed, but I now have been offered the great opportunity to work with the Georgia Museum of Art in Athens.

This museum is one of Athens's best kept secrets with great works of American painters and an impressive collection of Italian master drawings, which happens to be my favorite style of work. The PR team at the museum is incredibly nice and actually seem excited to help me said I build a great portfolio this summer. So I really feel like this is an amazing opportunity to get some hands on experience. If you want to find out about the museum click this link: http://www.uga.edu/gamuseum/index.html

Now for the dilemma...While applying to museums, I also applied for a PR internship with the Buckhead Life Restaurant Group, the premier restaurant group in Atlanta. I sort of did this on a whim thinking that it would be a cool opportunity to work with a big name in Atlanta. But, after sending in my information and a few attempts at follow-ups I seemed to get nowhere and forgot about it.

Today I received an email from Buckhead Life asking me to come interview next week, and I have no idea what to do. I have already accepted the position at the museum, but working with Atlanta's premier restaurant group just sounds so posh and exciting. My dad says that turning the interview down would be passing up an amazing opportunity, because on paper the Buckhead Life Restaurant Group is kind of a big deal, especially in Atlanta. But then there is also the fact that it wouldn't be museum work which is what I really want to do.

I guess I am kind of putting the cart before the horse because it is just an interview, they have not offered me the position yet. What does a student do in this situation? If you want to find out more about Buckhead Life Restaurant Group click this link: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/index2.html
You can check out both places and then weigh in if you want. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

No comments: